My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

September 15, 2014

CHASING HEAVEN by Becca Fisher

1 STAR
CHASING HEAVEN
by
Becca Fisher

Chasing Heaven (Amish Romance)


INTRO
(From Amazon)
Hannah Bieler's wedding is more than just cause for celebration. It gets her sisters wondering when they will get married, who they'll fall in love with, or whether God has other plans for them entirely. But it becomes clear that although the Amish are simple people, their love lives are anything but.

Also check out "The Ultimate Amish Romance Boxed Set Collection" and "Chasing Heaven: Lord Willing."
 
Kindle Edition, 51 pages
Published December 15th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)
ASIN
B00AP4LJIS
edition language
English


REVIEW
This book was  full of Typos, repeating paragraphs and some other errors.  I'm not so sure she did much research into the Amish and their ways and she was using pages from previous books as filler.  I also found the language in this book and some other books of this author's not very authentic.  Amish, from what I've read don't use much teen slang, like OMG.  I found the descriptions of the clothing, the kitchens and other things just didn't appear as the descriptions and details that I've gotten in other books about the Amish that I've read.  
Maye this author's books would be good for the very young reader, but even then they wouldn't be getting a good idea of what the Amish life is like.  That would be, to me, a rather insult to the Amish.

I was given a complimentary copy of Chasing Heaven from the author, Becca Fisher and Amish Romance Author for my view of the book.

I'm sorry but I had to give this book a 1 STAR.


LINKS






No comments: