My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

June 17, 2014

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE,,, IN THE U.S. NAVY by Wigu Publishing

WHEN I GROW UP
I WANT TO BE....
in the U.S. Navy!
When I Grow Up I Want To Be...in the U.S. Navy! (When I Grow Up I Want To Be...)
Noah Tours An Aircraft Carrier!
SUMMARY
(from Goodreads)
 Noah is excited for the chance to tour a real aircraft carrier with his Grandpa Ed, a proud Navy veteran. He is not excited that his little sister, Marina, is tagging along. Still, Noah tries to be patient. Readers chuckle and follow along as the siblings learn that each deck, each crew member, and each piece of equipment adds another chapter to the history of the U.S. Navy and its mission to protect our country. Noah and Marina’s curiosity helps introduce readers to the complex and exciting work of an aircraft carrier and how each crew member plays a vital role in its functioning.
Paperback, First, 58 pages
Published April 10th 2014
 by Wigu Publishing
ISBN13 9781939973023
edition language English

(from book)
THE SAILOR'S CREED
 I am a United States sailor

I will support and defend the Constitution of
the United States of American and I will obey
the orders of those appointed over me.

I represent t he fighting spirit of the Navy and
those who have gone before em to defend
freedom and democracy around the world.

I proudly serve my country's
 Navy combat
team with honor, courage, and commitment.

I am committed to excellence and the 
fair treatment of all.
"I have spread the mantle of my Nation over
the ocean and will guard her forever.
I am her heritage, and yours. I am the
American sailor."
-Anonymous  

REVIEW
This is the story of Noah, and his little sister.  Noah wants to be in the Navy just like his Grandpa Ed.  Today is their chance to learn what being in the Navy is all about.
(from book)

This is another wonderful book with interesting pictures and illustrations for young readers that have the inspiration that they want to be in the U.S. Navy.  It's not just for boys, but girls too.    An interesting adventure and a wonderful acknowledgement of the men and women in the U.S.Navy.   The book is written for children but contains a lot of facts, information and history about the U.S. Navy.  The illustrations and pictures go right along with the story.  The story also adds that the child may have inspirations to follow in a relative's footsteps, Like Noah's Grandpa Ed.  When they have good role models, they helps them make good choices.  These books form Wigu Publishing are educational, inspiring, interesting, fun and they are keepers.  These are books to keep on the child's shelf to read and re-read.  Couldn't be any better for boys and girls.
 One nice feature about the cover is it  can be wiped off from the little sticky fingers.  

I was given a complimentary copy of WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE...IN THE U.S. NAVY from Wigu Publishing for my view of the book.  No other compensation took place.

I would give this book a solid 5 STARS.

 
ABOUT THE PUBLISHER
Wigu Publishing is a collaboration among talented and creative individuals working together to publish informative and fun books for our children. Our titles serve to introduce children to the people in their communities who serve others through their vocations. Wigu's books are unique in that they help our children to visualize the abundant opportunities that exist for them to be successful and to make a difference. Our goal is to inspire the great leaders and thinkers of tomorrow.

Wigu's newly released children's book series, When I Grow Up I Want To Be..., features vocations many children dream about - a firefighter, a teacher, a soldier, a doctor - all combining engaging elements of storytelling with real world facts and information. Both educational and fun, the fully illustrated book series takes its readers on a journey of discovery, exploring how one finds their career, learns the necessary skills, and how they excel and grow within their chosen field
 LINKS

http://bemiown.blogspot.com

bemiown@yahoo.com

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/970086708

 http://www.amazon.com/review/R2NMMKNKNN5SUI/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1939973023
 

No comments: