My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

June 18, 2014

THE CHILDREN WHO TIME LOST by Marvin Amazon


WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHILDREN
******
THE YEAR IS 2043

************

THE CHILDREN WHO TIME LOST
BY
MARVIN AMAZON

The Children Who Time Lost

*************************

SUMMARY
The year is 2043, and humans have been mysteriously unable to reproduce for almost thirty years. To prevent panic and keep the population from dwindling to nothing, global authorities offer a Lotto, where a few winners each week can enter a time portal and bring back adopted children from the future. They’re never allowed to talk about what they saw.

The exception to this system is Los Angeles resident and reluctant celebrity Rachel Harris, the only woman of her generation to naturally give birth. Years of medical tests and treatments have been unable to explain or replicate her pregnancy, and the whole world grieved when Rachel’s daughter died in a tragic accident.

When Rachel wins the Lotto, she’s shocked, and then elated. She can be a mother again. But the baby she meets in 2108 carries a secret that will shatter Rachel’s reality and endanger everyone close to her. Now Rachel must race across time to save her life and her child, even as she discovers that nothing—and no one—are what they seem.
******************
Paperback, 518 pages
Published October 25th 2013 
by Corinthians Publishing (first published October 23rd 2013)
original title:The Children Who Time Lost
ISBN:0957624433
(ISBN13: 9780957624436)
*************

AUTHOR
Marvin Amazon
Marvin Amazon is a widely published, Nigerian-born author who currently lives and writes in Essex, England.  He credits the library across the street from his childhood home in Battersea, southwest London, with opening his eyes to the engrossing worlds of speculative fiction.  In addition to THE CHILDREN WHO TIME LOST, Amazon is also the author of the fantasy series THE CORIN CHRONICLES and the crime series THE MIDNIGHT TRILOGY.

******************

REVIEW
I felt the plot was pretty good.  I had a problem understanding for the first part of the book what exactly was happening. I didn't like Rachel at all.  She was so childish and to me that was quite annoying. 
She's taking this medication and paying for it when she surely knows she is addicted to it and its not doing her any good what so ever.   Why is she taking and paying for drugs that the government should be over seeing?  After all they are the ones who created her problem.  No body is asking questions or trying to find out why things are the way they are.  The government is in charge of EVERYTHING.  About the time I was ready to quit reading,  the book got better and Rachel became a little more likable.  Then the bottom fell out again.  More confusion, more questions with no answers.  The longer I read the more confused I got.I had hopes that one of the briefly touched upon answers of going back in time and changing the future.  It seems like I was hopping, skipping and jumping all over and couldn't find out what was really going on.  The ending just left me hanging.  There were so many things left unanswered.  Maybe this was the author's way of keeping you hooked for maybe another book?  I don't know.  I only know the book wasn't for me.  I was just left confused.  When I first saw the cover and title, I thought that this was going to be a really good book.  I just didn't find it that way. It was basically a good plot and I feel it has great potential with some re-writes and some work. 
  Now everyone sees things differently and interprets things differently, so I would suggest you get a copy for yourself to read and it just might be your cup of teas.  Try it.  


I was given a complimentary copy of THE CHILDREN WHO TIME LOST from the author, Marvin Amazon for my view of the book.  No other compensation took place.

I would give this book 3 STARS.

*****************
LINKS
http://bemiown.blogspot.com
bemiown@yahoo.com
www.marvinamazon.com
www.midnighttrilogy.com
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/970908775
http://www.amazon.com/review/R5TLJV0NJD64V/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0957624425

No comments: