My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

June 25, 2014

WELL BEFORE THE BEGINNING by Jake Taylor


***************

WELL BEFORE THE BEGINNING:
The First Expedition
Yah and the Space Cadets
Book One
by
Jake Taylor, author & illustrator
Catherine Resignato, editor

Well Before the Beginning: The First Expedition (Yah and the Space Cadets #1)

*****************
OVERVIEW (from Amazon)
Some call them extraterrestrials, others call them Gods. This is their story.
After Sir Henry Johnston falls into a volcanic crater, two warriors from another world come to his rescue; they manage to keep him alive. These two warriors, a female named Suchja and a male named Dran, are Tesgans who claim to be here protecting the Earth and all its inhabitants, including plants and animals, on behalf of Annur’s Empire.
Sir Henry questions their claims but he can’t do much more. He is nearly comatose. As he fell, he ordered his dog, Star, to go for help but it will take the rescuers more than four days to reach him. In the meantime, after answering several of his questions, Suchja tells Sir Henry to consider reading or listening to the Expedition Reports because that’s where he can find most of the answers he seeks. Thus begins a most amazing saga: How these beings got here, how they made us, how they transformed us, how they continue to influence us, and how they are protecting us from enemies that wish to do us harm.
It includes 35 Illustrations in full color; it is also available in Spanish.
*************

AUTHOR
Jake  Taylor“You can study all the literature you want, but that won’t make you a writer. If fact, many well known writers began publishing their works before the age of twenty! If you were writers, you’d be writing, not attending this class.” Wow! What a start by Professor Gonzalez on our first day of classes at the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters.

Perhaps because of his remark, or perhaps not, but that same night I dreamed about two stories. One was “Little Wing – Who am I? Where am I? What am I?” the other one is still resting in my mind and heart. I’ve got the title and the complete storyline; it’ll come to light in the near future (‘near’ is a bit subjective, of course).

About ten years ago, I was looking for a new place to live, and the moment I walked into this condo, I immediately felt that it was a place meant for a writer. Soon after, during my daily morning walk, the whole storyline of “Yah and the Space Cadets” came to me. My life changed abruptly; all I do now is think about finishing the seven-volume series. So far, I’ve written, translated and illustrated the first three volumes. The fourth one is about halfway done. It’ll be out soon (another subjective term).

The strange thing about his series is that when I get stuck, the continuation comes to me in a dream, after a siesta, just about the moment I’m waking up or even while I’m writing. Sometimes it feels as though someone else is guiding my thoughts. Oh boy, what a literal meaning of a ‘ghost writer!’ But, no, no, fear not. It is more like being pushed in the right direction (hopefully the right direction). There is also a special request that came to me in a flash from somewhere: “Help the animals” – so please, do what you can to help animals in distress, in danger of extinction, etc. Wherever you are, you can help, even if it’s only by passing the word around.


Finishing up, the series of Yah and the Space Cadets is packed with adventures and the books are meant for everyone, from children over the age of seven and young people to octogenarians who dare to dream about space travels beyond our galaxy at inconceivably fast speeds and powers like AGO (the Art of Growing Old) or the power to grab souls, and to yank them out of their respective bodies and scatter them about for a few minutes, which is much more humane than fully destroying the enemies.

On a more mundane note: My name is Jake Taylor, I am a veteran of the Vietnam War and I now reside in Florida, which is a beautiful state if you don’t mind a hurricane every now and then, like Andrew and Wilma. Best to you and please don’t forget to help the animals


***********************

REVIEW
The author gives us an interesting world in this book.  As soon as you start reading, it seems like the more you read the more interesting it becomes.  The author has brought out characters with wonderful descriptions of characters and scenes. It was a fun and entertaining book.  It has you using your imagination to enter into this new world, new, yes to the cadets but has been around for years and years. The book is a good read for the young and the young at heart.  The author leads you on several  magical journeys which have an underlying meaning which helps young ones and older ones  learn how to communicate and have good discussions with each other.  The journeys are lessons into justice, myths, legends and much more.  The author  added some lovely illustrations to add to the interest of the book.  This book is a magical journey.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves adventures into other worlds.

I was given a complimentary copy of  WELL BEFORE THE BEGINNING, from the author, Jake Taylor for my view of the book.  No other compensation took place.

I would give this book 3 STARS.

**************************
LINKS
bemiown@yahoo.com
http://bemiown.blogspot.com
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/977295203
http://www.amazon.com/review/RKZ9XCVOJ0RK/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00HPBBPQK

No comments: