My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

February 28, 2017

THE SHIFTERS OF 2040


THE SHIFTERS OF 2040
Shifter Evolution #3
by
Ami Blackwelder
A Dystopian Shifter Romance!
The Shifters of 2040 by Ami Blackwelder 
America 2040.
Three Species. Divided Lovers. The Race is on for Planet Earth.


Summary: Set in Alaska in 2040, Melissa Marn and Bruce Wilder must work under the iron fist of the SCM, while still trying to maintain humanity. Discovering a world of shifters and hybrids, the scientists must struggle with human prejudice and betrayal. With the original ancestors, dubbed shifters, still living on earth, humans are in the midst of a fifteen year old war. As the eldest hybrids, Unseen and Diamond, learn about humans the hard way, with the loss of loved ones and sacrifices, love on planet earth proves challenging.

With underlining themes of how prejudice breaks human connections and animal/wildlife conservation, this novel which has received rave reviews will leave the reader flipping through the pages.
 

AUTHOR
 
WEBSITE


 URL/Goodreads


“Ami Blackwelder write paranormal and some SyFy novels. Elves, angels, vampires, zombies, mermaids, shifters.

http://amiblackwelder.blogspot.com

She also writes under the name M. Black for Dystopias and Thrillers. Rebecca May for Contemporaries and Historicals.


I am a forbidden romance writer in the paranormal and historical romance genre. My unique experiences allow me an original perspective and a plethora of ideas to entertain readers. I grew up in Florida and went to UCf. In 1997 I received my BA in English and teaching credentials. I decided to travel overseas and teach and have worked in Thailand, Nepal, Tibet, China and Korea. Thailand is considered my second home now. I have always loved writing and wrote poems and short stores since childhood; however, my novels began when I was in Thailand.
Her Website

Sign up for my newsletter. Members always get ARC and are asked to review and beta read before the book comes out to the public. Members also get most books for free, so sign up today


MY THOUGHTS
This is Book Three in the series. I liked that you could start with this book and then go back to the previous books or go forward.  You can also read them as stand alones.   Whatever you like.  I like to read books in a series in order. That's just me, though. As I read, I felt this was a little more sci-fi than paranormal romance.  Shape shifters, depending on what you think, could possibly be?  With an open mind, that is.   I was a little surprised to find the glossary at the front of the book instead of the back.  A little too much info to begin with.  The story was well written with many characters.  It took a while for me to get into the book.  After a while, it all started to fit together and I started to enjoy it.  Since this is a futuristic book, 25 years or more into the future, things were quite different.  People had no rights.  They were controlled by the government.  This could very well be. You had to have feelings for the aliens.  They struck your heart with all they were going through. Of course, the humans didn't accept the aliens and the military started shooting them down before they even knew what was going on. I found it interesting that human females were having alien babies for years.  Imagine that, picture if that were to happen.   You can picture yourself in their setting of Alaska with all it's unchartered land. The story will touch your heart and a tear or two may trickle down your cheeks.  You may want to read the already published 3 books with more to come. 
 

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily decided to review it.

I would give this book 4  STARS. 

GOODREADS REVIEW LINK 
AMAZON REVIEW LINK 

No comments: