My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

July 2, 2014

ALL FOR A SISTER by Allison Pittman

 ATTENTION: MATURE READERS


ALL FOR A SISTER
All For
Book 3
BY
Allison Pittman
 All for a Sister (All for, #3)

  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (July 1, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1414366825
  • ISBN-13: 978-1414366821


SUMMARY
(FROM AMAZON)
In Hollywood during the Roaring Twenties, Celeste DuFrane has it all. Her father’s work with color movie film opens doors that lead to the stardom she’s always aspired to. But after losing her mother, she discovers that half the estate has been left to a woman accused of killing Celeste’s baby sister before Celeste was even born.

Dana Lundgren arrives on the steps of the DuFrane mansion having spent most of her life imprisoned for a crime that never happened. After accusing her of murder so many years ago, why did Marguerite DuFrane leave her a sizable inheritance?

As Celeste and Dana learn each other’s stories, they come up with more questions than answers. Then a surprising discovery begins to fill in the missing pieces: Marguerite DuFrane’s written confession, penned shortly before her death. Uncovering the treachery and deceit that changed the course of countless lives—most of all, their own—the two women find more than they ever dreamed of.

AUTHOR
Allison PittmanAs far as I know, I have always been a writer. Before I could put words to page, I would dictate stories to my mother. I have always lulled myself to sleep by crafting stories--a new chapter each night. When God called me to write, I was thrilled to answer His prompting. And so it was, after a long conversation with my husband, I left a 20-year teaching career to pursue a new direction. It called for a HUGE step of faith, but God has kept me and our family safe.

I count every single one of my readers as one of God's blessings in my life, and I like to think of my stories as being the first step in a conversation. Please visit my website, www.allisonpittman.com and send me an email. It is one of my greatest joys to hear from you!

REVIEW
SETTING: Roaring Twenties:    Third in a series.  The targeted audience is Christian readers,  It is a clean read, no swearing, but it does references to adultery.  I wold say that this historical fiction is for more mature readers.    At the ending, there are 10 questions for discussion,, the author's biography and an author's notes. Celeste and Dana have one thing in common, they were both children, at one time.  Later, they are both grown women.  If they held something in common as children maybe they can find something in common as women.Family secrets, being born into a wealthy family, Celeste DuFrance has not only wealth but love and parental devotions.  She is living in California, wanting to be an actress.Even though the parents love her, there are some deep dark secrets with the mother and father.  There had been an accusation by Celeste's mother, before she was born that a servant's daughter had murdered the older sister, baby Mary.  At such a young age, Dana Lundgren suffocates the infant and is sent to Bridewell Prison for an indefinite time.  Here she grows up and loses all the dreams and hopes she had ever had.
When the evil mother dies, the state divides the wealthy inheritance between her daughter and Dana.  Found was a 100 page story of they years of hurt and sins.  When Dana is released form jail, she is 32.  She goes to Los Angeles to meet Celeste.  The women discover they have more in common than they thought.   All through this a film producer wants to make a film of their lives. The author wrote a fast paced novel that kept the pages turning as fast as you could turn them.

The book is based on God's ever loving forgiveness and leading us in the right direction is we only listen and talk to him.  The author describes the confession of sins and the redemption of souls that are lost in sad and terrible past.

I was given a complimentary copy of ALL FOR A SISTER by Allison Pittman and Tyndale publishing for my view of the book.  No other compensation took place.

I would give this book 3 STARS.


LINKS
http://bemiown.blogspot.com
bemiown@yahoo.com
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/984194537
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3TP02D0IJC5Z4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1414366825





No comments: