My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

September 12, 2016

1st CHAPTER REVEAL: Living In My Father's Dream


FIRST CHAPTER REVEAL:

Brought to you by
PUYB Virtual Book Tours

Living In My Father's Dream:
Weep Me Not
a.k.a  The Tears of God
by
Ms. Johnnie Renee



Living in My Father's Dream banner





http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Living-in-My-Fathers-Dream.jpg


Inside the Book

Title: Living In My Father’s Dream: Weep Me Not
Author: Ms. Johnnie Renee
Publisher: JR Perez Imprint
Pages: 426
Genre: Urban Fiction
A powerful love story, not between a man and a woman, but a real father and his Mafia-bred son ANTONIO “SHAWN” PEREZ, JR. The only grandson of a Mafia drug lord, Shawn wanted to become a drug dealer at the age of twelve, but his dad said no. Just to teach Shawn that drugs are a killer, his dad made him sit in a country chair and watch him OD. Twenty-one years later, and still mentally screwed, all Shawn wants now is to be free from the memories of his dad’s death, and for his grandfather to stay out of his life. Little did Shawn know, that the day he sat in that chair, his grandfather saw his strengths to watch his dad die, and wanted him as a one-time hitman for the family. Now, in order to be free, he must complete the job assigned to him by his grandfather. His job: To kill the baddest drug dealer in the hood.
 available at Amazon.

Meet the Author

Ms. Johnnie Renee is a first time author. She is the mother of an at-risk adult child, so she is accustomed to street life, visions, and dreams. Inspired by the eyes of a dead rapper, Ms. Johnnie Renee hopes that by writing this book (though it depicts street life) that a child’s mind can be freed from violence, and drugs.
Her latest book is Living In My Father’s Dream: Weep Me Not.
For More Information
  • Visit Johnnie Renee’s website.
  • Connect with the author on Twitter.

____________

 FIRST CHAPTER REVEAL:

Commanding Officer Antonio “Shawn” Perez, Jr. remained calm while the Navy medically discharged him. With all the money his grandfather had, he didn’t care. He walked out of headquarters. He then stilled in disbelief. As the back door of the cab opened, bitterness seeped into his soul. His uncle Donny Perez, a family member he despised, stepped out of the cab. Donny walked up to him with two letters of unknown relevance in his hand.
Naples is beautiful, isn’t it?” Donny said. “My great-grandmother was born here.”
Shawn didn’t look away from the deceit hidden in Donny’s hazel eyes. He searched them for just cause, until he spoke again.
“The family misses you, nephew. It will be nice having you home again.”
Shawn glanced at the idling cab, and then back at Donny. “You came all the way to Italy in a cab just to tell me that?” Shawn refused to adjust his frown causing Donny to view the grounds.
“It’s a nice place, wouldn’t you say? May I ask why you are getting out?”
“Who told you I was getting out?”
“Word gets around.”
“Can I help you with something?” Shawn said.
“Tony wants you to kill him.”
“Kill who?”
“Richard Jackson.”
“Who?” Shawn winced. “Who is Richard Jackson?”
“A heroin king.”
“What does he have to do with me?”
“Mafia blood is a different breed. You know that. Unlike the Navy, you can’t just walk away from the family. But I guess you wouldn’t understand that since . . . you’re mixed?”
Shawn’s hand clenched. He drew it nearer to Donny’s chest.
“You know better than to raise your hand and hit me. You never have, and you never will.” Donny edged forward. “I have no doubt that you’re suffering mentally. However, you have avoided your obligations to this family long enough.”
“My father--”
“Your father is my brother. If he had allowed you to leave the family, how would that have changed your mentality? You would still hate Tony.” Donny stepped back. “I know your father taught you better. In this family, you can’t just walk away.”
“I already have. I want nothing to do with that man or you.”
“That man is your grandfather. You need to put your hatred for him behind you.”
“How? I still see his eyes watching me the day I sat and watched my father breathe his last breath. He allowed my dad to die, and I will always hate him for that. Furthermore, I will never forgive him for destroying my life. As I said, he has hurt me severely. I don’t want that man near me. I’m not doing a job for him, and I will do anything to keep him out of my life and Victoria’s.”
“I know how you feel, but your grandfather is not out to hurt you. He never was and never will be. However, he does want you to allow him to visit with Victoria, and he wants you in his life. That might create some problems. But, remember, nephew, you are his only grandson, and whether you like it or not, he does have rights to visit with Victoria. After all, he is her great-grandfather.”
“Great-Godfather. He may have rights to visit with his thugs on the street, since he’s a godfather to them, but he has no rights with Victoria. I promise you, I will strangle him with his own collar if he steps one foot close to Victoria.”
“I doubt it. You’ll have to come through me first.”
Shawn didn’t flinch. Neither did he correct his defiance.
“So, you’re telling me you’re going to cause trouble for this peaceful family?”
“So much so, you will need to build a new post office in the community just for my pictures alone.”
“I see, and I guess Maria will need to take Victoria across to the post office once in a while and point you out . . . That’s your uncle. Or, should she say, that’s your father?”
This time Shawn stepped closer. He kept his glare leveled with Donny’s eyes.
“That was not said to disrespect you or Victoria.”
“Then why did you say it?”
“Tony’s a big-time drug dealer. You know that. He wants--”
“He killed my father, or don’t you remember? I don’t want that man exposing his global affairs to Victoria.”
“Why? Because you hate him? On what grounds? You can’t blame your father’s death on Tony. Now . . . your father died some time ago. You need to get over it, or you will never be mentally free.”
“True. Just looking at you makes me sick. I’m not about to do a job for him or for you for that matter. And until I am mentally free, I want you, him, and the rest of his breed to stay out of my life.”
Donny edged closer. “Okay. Have it your way. But just let me say, you’re not the head honcho in the family. According to Tony’s records, you’re the last male born of his breed. You’ll do best to remember that, or need I tell you again? Now, Tony wants you to do a job for him . . .”
The feel of Donny’s face against his caused Shawn to step back. The sudden movement of his hand made Shawn’s eyes flutter. He glanced down at the letters Donny extended to him.
“. . . and, your job is to kill a rising heroin king.”
Stunned by the handwritings on the letters, Shawn flinched. Both letters, addressed to him, sealed tight, had a postal mark on them. As Donny backed away, Shawn kept his gaze on the letters now resting in his hands.
“May I give you a ride to the airport, nephew? I am headed that way.”
“I’ll walk. I’m not leaving today.”
“Remember, nephew, we all love you, and we miss you dearly.”
Shawn didn’t look up when Donny walked away. As the cab pulled off, Shawn did notice. But the only true visions he had in his mind were those of the child’s handwritings on the letters, and that of his grandfather, who had just walked back into his life, uninvited. Moreover, he knew he would never be mentally free.
   ___________

Tour Schedule

Monday, September 5 – Interview at My Bookish Pleasures
Tuesday, September 6 – First Chapter Reveal at Mello & June, It’s a Book Thang!
Wednesday, September 7 – Interview at The Writer’s Life
**********
Monday, September 12 – First Chapter Reveal at Books, Reviews, ETC.
Tuesday, September 13 – Guest Blogging at The Story Behind the Book
Thursday, September 14 – Book Review at Rainy Day Reviews
********
Monday, September 19 – First Chapter Reveal at The Bookworm Lodge
Tuesday, September 20 – Interview at The Literary Nook
Wednesday, September 21 – Book Featured at Hooked From Page One
*********
Monday, September 26 – Interview at Confessions of an Eccentric Bookaholic
Wednesday, September 28 – First Chapter Reveal at Lori’s Reading Corner
Friday, September 30 – First Chapter Reveal at The Silver Dagger Scriptorium


No comments: