My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

August 11, 2017

DEATH ON TAP

DUE OUT OCTOBER 3, 2017

DEATH ON TAP
by
Ellie Alexander
Death on Tap

(FROM NIGHT OWL REVIEWS)

  • Number: B06XKG2RFR
  • Release: October 3, 2017
  • Author: Ellie Alexander
  • Availability: E-Book
  • Genre: Suspense
  • Tags: * Susp: Mystery, * Susp: Cozy Mystery
  • Publisher: Minotaur Books

When Sloan Krause walks in on her husband, Mac, screwing the barmaid, she gives him the boot. Sloan has spent her life in Leavenworth, Washington becoming an expert in brewing craft beer, and she doesn’t have time to be held back by her soon-to-be ex-husband. She decides to strike out on her own, breaking away from the Krause family brewery, and goes to work for Nitro, the hip new nano-brewery in the Bavarian-themed town. Nitro’s owner, brewmaster Garrett Strong, has the brew-world abuzz with his newest recipe, “Pucker-Up IPA.” This place is the new cool place in town, and Mac can’t help but be green with envy at their success. But just as Sloan is settling in to her new gig, she finds one of Nitro’s competitors dead in the fermenting tub, clutching the secret recipe for the IPA. When Mac, is arrested, Sloan knows that her ex might be a cheater, but a murderer? No way. Danger is brewing in Beervaria and suddenly Sloan is on the case. (from Night Owl Reviews)


THE AUTHOR
Ellie Alexander, author of the Bakeshop Mystery Series (St. Martin's Press), is a Pacific Northwest native who spends ample time testing pastry recipes in her home kitchen or at one of the many famed coffeehouses nearby. When she’s not coated in flour, you’ll find her outside exploring hiking trails and trying to burn off calories consumed in the name of research.

The 6th book in the Bakeshop Mysteries, A CRIME OF PASSION FRUIT coming June 2017. And a new series debuts fall 2017 with DEATH ON TAP!

Find out more about Ellie and her books by visiting her websites at: http://www.elliealexander.co/ or following her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elliealexand.  

(from Goodreads.com)

MY THOUGHTS
This book had a different topic, beer brewing. You don't see cozy mysteries with beer brewing as the center topic.   I wasn't really excited about that but decided to try it anyway.  I found the characters to be interesting with a realistic air about them.  I always seem to enjoy characters that are more realistic and the author gave me that. I did enjoy the descriptions of the Pacific Northwest and you could almost place yourself there.

I was mainly interested in the mystery part of the book but I didn't feel that there was much to it.  To me, it was more about the beer brewing than the real mystery of the story.  Who "dun it" was a bit obvious but the reason why left a question as I turned the pages.  There was a bit of humor to the book, which was refreshing.   Still the mystery of the book, I felt, needed work.   I'm hoping that this being the first in the series, will get better with the second book.  Am waiting for it to see if things improve for me.  I did find the title to be catchy.


I received a copy of this book from the author and Night Owl Reviews and voluntarily decided to review it.

I would give this book 3  STARS.














No comments: