My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

June 19, 2017

SERIAL K

SERIAL K
by
Brian Gallagher
 SERIAL K

 ABOUT THE BOOK

  • Number: B01N6P4RCU
  • Release: January 8, 2017
  • Author: Brian Gallagher
  • Availability: E-Book
  • Genre: Suspense
  • Tags: * Susp: Action / Thriller
  • Publisher: Mirror Publishing

It was the perfect spot for his first kill. So begins Craig Breedlove's descent into darkness.  The diabolical sociopath undertakes a journey to become the most famous serial killer of all-time. Most young boys idolize sports superstars, but Breedlove's heroes are Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac. He begins emulating the deeds of Gacy, Dahmer and Gein, first ballot inductees in his imaginary serial killer hall of fame, and quickly vaults to the top of the FBI's Most Wanted List. FBI Special Agent Ryan O'Callahan leads the investigation, and teams with his ex-wife, FBI Profiler Lea Pucci. Unbridled passion defines their relationship, both positive and negative. As the search continues, the body count rises and the lunatic shifts his target to the FBI. Fear grips the public. Many will die, but who survives? (from Night Owl Reviews)

 AMAZON BUY LINK
 
THE AUTHOR
Brian Gallagher Who is Brian Gallagher? I've been trying to figure that out for sixty-five years. I was a quasi-jock who hated high school and loved college. I thought high school was nothing more than a waste of time and once in college I flourished. I was lucky to get into Milton college, play college baseball and college hockey, participate in the student senate during the Viet Nam era, have a radio show and actually graduated in four years.

Fast forward, I was a software sales rep, and became a V.P. of Sales at twenty-six, not having the faintest idea what I was supposed to do. Everyday for at least ten years I was afraid my employer would figure out I didn't know what I was doing and show me the door. After a while it occurred to me I did know what I was doing. My position led me to travel throughout Europe and I incorporated those trips into my first novel.

I had a blast writing Vatican Protocol and at times it seemed to write itself. I enjoyed using real, but largely unknown facts, and rumored events to weave a story using my history education and European travel to create a credible story.

I couldn't have accomplished the dream of becoming a published novelist without the unbending support of my family. They continue to be there every step of the way. I've finished my second novel and have a third and fourth in process. Writing has become my passion, and I am grateful to have discovered what I'll do for the rest of my life.
 
MY THOUGHTS
That first kill.  Did it excite him?  Did it disgust him?  Sociopath Craig Breedlove picked the perfect spot for that first time.  Thus the most famous serial killer of all time was about to make his appearance.  His idols weren't the usual young man's ideas.  Craig's were Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac.  These were the men he looked up to, wanted to follow and be like.   Right off the author has you in the grips of the story.  You know you won't set the book down.  As you turn the pages, the author has you thinking what made Craig this way.   Was he just one of those evil people from the day he was born?  Or were there circumstances that slowly turned him into this monster?  So many before him and so many after him.  What does this to a person?  This is on your mind constantly as you turn the pages.  You wonder what makes his mind tick.  Is there any goodness in there or has "life" taken it all away. ?  After that first kill, he becomes one of the  FBI's most wanted.  As a FBI agent and his ex-wife, a FBI profiler team up to find and put this guy away, Craig changes the ones he is looking to kill. Now it's directed at the FBI.

This author put the creep in creepy.  The way he wrote this story, it could very possibly be reality.  It happens all the time.  Serial killers, how many have there been through time?   There are so many thrillers that have been written and I love these kind of thrillers, but this one is one of those that make the hairs on your arms stand up.  Just as you think you've got it figured out, another body, dead body, shows up.  The story is like a tangled web, a web of a warped mind, that is killing and killing, going on from one to another.   Everyone has their idols, their heroes, but when your heroes are other serial killers, that adds to the creep in the creepy.  The suspense the author creates is nail biting.  You just know when you turn that page, another body will be waiting for you, a dead body.  The author has Craig trying to go up one on killers like Gacy and Dahmer.  He was going to outdo them. That was his goal.  We also have the FBI duo, who still have some passion between them even though they are no longer married, but when Craig's killing is focused on the FBI, are they in more danger than usual.  Are they targets now?  The author shows the darkness that can be in the deep recesses of the mind.  We all have a little darkness hidden in there, but Craig's darkness emerged and became his life.

If you are a thriller addict, this book is like no other I've read and I've read a lot of them.  If you like creepy, than creepy you get.  This author has this story down pat and I can't say anything else other than READ IT!  (Don't forget the next book either, Serial K Returns)

 I received a copy of this book from the author and Night Owl Reviews and voluntarily decided to review it.

I would give this book  5 SOLID STARS.

No comments: