My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

August 26, 2014

HEATON by Morwenna J. Holman


Heaton


************************




HEATON
by
Morwenna J. Holman

SUMMARY(from Amazon)

In this prequel to the already published novel, "Westerdale" we find out how the early life of Heaton Grimshaw shapes and moulds the character of the man he later becomes. Born from a disastrous meeting of insanity and tyranny he struggles to make sense of the world around him, having no true knowledge of his absent parents. Tainted by streaks of cruelty and always dogged by black moods and dark depressions Heaton is hated by his peers and becomes the proverbial loner. Despite being raised as a gentleman the wild part of Heaton's spirit dominates, ill-preparing him for the many injustices and tragedies he is forced to suffer as he struggles through life. But Heaton has one unique gift...his ability with horses and thus he uses this latent talent to carve a niche for himself when all else fails. But blood is thicker than water and as events and his siblings move against him we find him wandering beaten, penniless and homeless on the very moorland that is to lead him to Westerdale and a new chapter of his life.
 Paperback: 202 pages, Publisher: FeedaRead.com (20 July 2014), Language: English, ISBN-10: 1784079189, ISBN-13: 978-1784079185

********************************************************

Biography

I currently live in Morley, West Yorkshire where I run a small cat rescue for abandoned felines and every penny of the royalty money for my books will be going to the rescue.
I am a spirit writer so I commune with the dead to receive stories of their past life experiences which I turn into novels. Westerdale was written after considerable communication with Emily Bronte. So far I have written another ten novels all set in the 1800s and all in classical literature format.
My other interests are Animal Rights and I am a committed vegetarian, walking on the Yorkshire moors and healthy living. 

******************************

review
I haven't read Westerdale.  As I was reading the book, I wondered what made Heaton  so evil and dark.  It took some thinking and then it came to me. The author wrote characters that were described and developed very well. The scenery was beautifully described and as you read the dialogue became near real.  From the moment you open the book, you are hooked.  The book puts a grip on you so that you don't want to stop reading. I was left wanting more.  Hopefully there will be.  I would suggest reading Westerdale first giving you a little taste.  I intend on reading it soon.

I was given a complimentary copy of HEATON from the author, Morwenna J. Holman and authorsamp for my view of the book.  No other compensation took place.

I would give this book 5 STARS.


*******************************************************




LINKS
bemiown@yahoo.com
http://bemiown.blogspot.com
www.authoramp.com
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1037014495
http://www.amazon.com/review/R195X8MZABKPKK/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1784079189

No comments: