My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

June 17, 2014

INFINITUDE by Ruchi Banerjee


******************

INFINITUDE
by
Ruchi Banerjee
 Infinitude
 ************************
 SUMMARY
 The year is 2173. Humans are a near-extinct group herded together in protected sectors. Mira, a regular, self-absorbed, 16-year-old pimple buster, resident of Sector 51, has no clue how drastically her life is about to change when she accompanies her mother on a research project to a distant tropical jungle. There, Mira discovers a tall, super-intelligent and rather good-looking boy called Neel, who introduces her to a whole new world of mysterious possibilities. But before she can even begin to understand her feelings for him, things take a nightmarish turn . . . Carnivorous mutants are on the prowl. A deadly new breed of the forest, they have Mira trapped. Rescued by unlikely saviours, she finally learns the ugly truth of her world. Now, Mira must fight not only for her own life but also for humanity itself as she is pitted against a far stronger, smarter and more evolved enemy. Her only hope lies in Neel. But will he be able to overcome the overwhelming odds against them? Will this be the end of the human race? With electrifying action and forbidden love, Infinitude is the riveting story of two young lives caught in a deadly clash of civilizations
                                
  • File Size: 704 KB
  • Publisher: Hachette India (February 5, 2014)
  • Sold by: Hachette Book Group
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00J3C571I
*******************

AUTHOR
Ruchi Banerjee
Ruchi Banerjee was born in 1978 and still continues to thrive. Ever since she first met Francine (the protagonist of her favourite novel, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn), Ruchi fell in love with the written word. At present, Ruchi lives in Brazil, speaks decent, if not quite fluent, Portuguese and really hates talking about herself in third person. This is her first novel.
*************************** 
 REVIEW
I found the book to be well written.  When I first started reading the book, I was rather excited.  I wanted to read about the year 2173, humans are near extinction. They are put in groups that are guarded.  Enters a 16  year old, into herself, Mira.   She resides in Sector 51.  I thought to myself, how many sectors are there?  How many people are in a sector?   Her mother went on a research trip to the tropicals and took Mira with her.  Mira had no idea how her life was about to change. Her life was about to enter into a lot of mysterious events.  Little did she know that some carnivorous mutants were on the prowl. Will this be the end of Mira and her world or will she be able to find a way to fight for her life and win? It turned out to be better than I thought it would be.  It has a good plot but I felt, as the story went on, my interest began to grow less and less.  I felt that it was similar to a lot of the 'other worlds' sci fi books.  I felt that the characters needed a little more description. I was looking for a lot different.   Well written, fairly good plot, but just didn't leave me wanting more.

 Grab a copy and read it for yourself.   Gather your own conclusion.  We all see the written word differently.  Different stories appeal to different readers.   

I was given a complimentary copy of INFINITUDE from the author, Ruchi Banerjee for my view of the book. No other compensation took place.

I would give this book 3 stars.
 **************************

LINKS
http;//bemiown.blogspot.com

bemiown@yahoo.com

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/969994054 

http://www.amazon.com/Infinitude-Ruchi-Banerjee-ebook/dp/B00J3C571I/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403030424&sr=1-1&keywords=infinitude
 8888888888888888888888888888
 

No comments: