My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

January 11, 2016

SHIMMER THE GLOW WORM FINDS HER GLOW by Shelby Herman


SHIMMER THE GLOW WORM
FINDS HER GLOW
by Shelby Herman
Illustrated by:
Natalie Kelly



Shimmer the Glowworm Finds Her Glow

Tree House Clip ArtOVERVIEW OF BOOK
(from Amazon)

 Shimmer the Glowworm has a low glow and goes on an inspirational journey to find it. She discovers that helping others find their glow is what makes her glow show and the ME TREE she lives in reflected that all along.
  
File Size: 23041 KB
  • Print Length: 54 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Inner Treasures (October 31, 2014)
  • Publication Date: October 31, 2014
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00P38DAYW
 
AUTHOR
 I have been asked how I came to create all of this and where did I get my inspiration, so I decided one day to write my "story." I didn't want it to sound like a sad country song (I love country music) or some self-serving saga about my lessons, so I thought I would write it as a fun story about a girl....and then I thought, maybe I should make it rhyme. So -HERE'S MY STORY.....
 Shelby Herman created ME TREEs to empower and inspire children and they are being used in classrooms to teach mindfulness. She expanded on that with the story of Shimmer the Glowworm and soon after, she wrote the theme song Show Your Glow. She lives in Belmont Shore, California where she works as a court reporter and enjoys meditating, spending time with her daughter and going to the beach with her pink dog Roxy where she finds inspiration everywhere to write and create things. She is currently working on a second Shimmer the Glowworm adventure. You can read more about her journey at Shimmertheglowworm.com

 Electric Green Worm Clip ArtREVIEW

This is a children's story, although I enjoyed it too.   It's about Shimmer.  Shimmer is a glow worm who has very low self esteem. No self confidence. She lives in the ME TREE.  The story introduces a very important lesson, to be able to face and work on your problems, help others and always just be yourself. Shimmer is worried because her glow isn't bright anymore.  Not like all the other glow worms. She decides to go out and try to find her glow. In her travels, she meets some very different characters and ends up helping them in a variety of circumstances. In return, they help her.   She begins to realize that her glow isn't gone, it's been inside her all along. The author wrote a fun and yet, lessons to be learned, story.  It also teaches that when we have problems to face, we glow in the face of diversity.  We also glow when we help those who need help. The pictures were illustrated in wonderful colors and helped to portray the story.  The print needed to be bigger so it would be easier to read.  Perhaps change the background of the print. A very nice feature is the different words that described Shimmer and her journey.  This is a wonderful book for children and maybe even oldsters to learn some valuable life lessons.

I received this complimentary copy of Shimmer The Glow Worm by Shelby Herman from her PR person, Kathy Berardi for my unbiased review.

I would give this book 4 GLOW WORMS.
    
                                Electric Green Worm Clip ArtElectric Green Worm Clip ArtElectric Green Worm Clip ArtElectric Green Worm Clip Art
 
 
Tree House Clip ArtLINKS
AMAZON BUY PAGE 
CLIP ART 
GOODREADS REVIEW 
There's a sing along at YOU TUBE
BOOK'S SITE  
AMAZON REVIEW 

No comments: