My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

May 30, 2014

ON GRACE by Susie Orman


BookSparksPR
presents

ON GRACE
by
Susie Orman Schnall 

On Grace
Paperback, 274 pages
Published April 8th 2014 by SparkPress
 (a BookSparks imprint) (first published June 8th 2013)
original title On Grace
ISBN 1940716136
 (ISBN13: 9781940716138)
 
ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Originally from Los Angeles, Susie Orman Schnall graduated from the University of Pennsylvania. Schnall has written for national and local publications about parenting and health. She lives in New York with her husband and their three young boys. ON GRACE is her debut novel. 

“There have been so many (countless!) books over the years that have inspired me. That have made me reevaluate my own life. That have changed me in some way to make me the woman, the writer, I am today. I couldn’t begin to choose my five favorites (there are too many favorites) so here are five—written by women about women—that have inspired me in some way.” Anything by Jane Austen, anything by Nora Ephron, The Help, The Middle Place, and Eat, Pray and Love.
Pride-and-Prejudice-Jane-Austen  nora ephron
the help  The Middle Place
 EatPrayLove

SUMMARY
 Grace May is actually excited about turning forty in a few months. Now that her boys are both in school and she has a stimulating new writing job, the next chapter in her life can finally begin. She can't wait to rediscover the intelligent woman buried under the layers of mother and wife. But when Grace suddenly loses her job and receives unexpected news, she stands to lose everything: her marriage, her best friend, and her sense of self. By her fortieth birthday party, Grace will realize who and what matter most. With laughter. With tears. With grace.
REVIEW
Every woman should read this book.  Once you open the book to the first page, you won't let go. I realized that the author was putting forth a message,  Your life is valued by your family and friendships.  When we are gone, that will be how we are remembered.
This was a perfect read for that summer vacation.  I turned the pages quickly since I was anxious to find out what was on the next page.  I found myself reflecting and thinking throughout the book.  I felt the book has some lessons in it about what is important in life, and how we should appreciate the important things.  They should not necessarily be material things but the friends and family.
The main character, Grace, mother of two in New York.  I loved the starting up of old romances.  The book has a lot of parts that could be so close to our own lives.


I was given a complimentary copy of ON GRACE by Susie Orman from BookSparks for my view of the book.
No other compensation took place.  

I would give this book 5 STARS.
 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2XOT42O1AJ4GD/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/952888511

bemiown@yahoo.com

http://bemiown.blogspot.com

No comments: