My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

February 23, 2014

RAIN ON ME by Eden Connor

Rain on Me (Shelter From the Storm ~ An Erotic Bondage Series, Book #1)


- ADULT CONTENT-
RAIN ON ME
Shelter From The Storm
An Erotic Bondage Romance Series
Book One
by
Eden Connor 
Nomi McCabe, Editor
Kindle Edition, 316 pages
Published February 19th 2014
 by
 Bad Apple Books
ASIN B00IJN5G22

 
 OVERVIEW-
(from Goodreads)

If every heart’s a package someone else has tied in knots, how did bondage unravel mine?
I’d sleep with the devil to nail the source of illegal poker machines pouring into my district. It’s personal between me and those one-armed bandits, but when my captain asked me to go undercover as a sexual submissive to catch our suspect, my gut said “Hell, no, even I can’t tell a lie that big.”
Enter Ray Casey, shibari master, who spent two weeks showing me the world of erotic bondage. I fell hard for Ray, but the outcome of our affair was preordained; duty above all.
When the unthinkable happened, where could I turn when I couldn’t trust my brothers in blue? My instincts led me back to Ray, but he wants me to submit to something harder than a little BDS&M….
~Zinnia J. Jackson, Det. 1st Grade, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division 
 
 AUTHOR
Eden Connor
Eden Connor graduated from Converse College with a degree in Psychology so long ago, her sheepskin is chiseled in stone. She’s been a graphic artist, a bridal photographer and an antique restorer. Since the death of her true love, she raised two children to adulthood and now has the time to

return to writing. She writes primarily contemporary erotic romances, the odd bit of erotica and an occasional paranormal piece. Most of her writing is set where she lives, in South Carolina, so expect the handsome stranger to come equipped with a slow drawl. Addicted to hazelnut creamer, baseball and cranberry glass, she likes the music of Motown and when not writing about adults behaving badly, she takes a stab at the occasional needlepoint canvas.
 
 QUOTE FROM BOOK ABOUT DYING

"It's a little like being a raindrop. You wanna cling to the glass, but the ground's calling your name..."

 PART OF A QUOTE FROM RAY TO ZIN 

...I want to quench every thirst you'll ever have." 

 
 REVIEW
When Ms. Connor asked if I would do a review on her new book, I said I would because I've read her books before. This isn't the normal genre that I read but I went ahead and read it. This book is DEFINITELY in the erotica genre. This book is the first book I have read on bondage The author wrote with some very descriptive scenes. The main character, Ray is a Shibari master and doesn't take it likely. He wants Zin to think of  his love for her every minute of every day.He wants her in every way.  Zin thinks of herself as a master of lies.  She can be whatever is  called for. Zin is a hard cop who goes about her job whole hearted.  She has an aversion to gambling and her main objective is to bring down the people who are bent on pulling the handle on illegal slots.
This book isn't for everyone.  
Zin has a lot of fears. She has had it hard.  She is used to control of situations and people and she finds herself in the place where she has to take that step to let go .  She has the choice of letting the past go or hanging on to all the fears and the anger and remain in the past, never moving beyond that. She has a lot to decide on.  She was unfairly treated. Zin has to realize that sometimes if you don't get all the facts about the situations, you can make  a bad choice.
Ms. Connor wrote a book that will bring out some emotions that don't normally come out with a book about bondage.  This is a book where choices have to be made, where your heart will feel for some of the characters.  This book is not your normal bondage book.
I felt like the quote above above from Ray to Zin such a beautiful thing to say. I don't think you could say anything else that would describe the ultimate love Ray felt for Zin.   Totally amazing.
The author, Ms. Connor wrote beauty and love into the art of Shibari (a form of bondage).
I found I actually enjoyed the book, although when I started reading I just knew this book wasn't for me.  Ms. Eden Connor changed that with her wonderful talent of writing.
 
Water Drop Clip ArtWater Drop Clip ArtWater Drop Clip ArtWater Drop Clip Art
I would give this book 4 RAINDROPS.
 
I was given a complimentary copy of RAIN ON ME from the author, Eden Connor for my honest opinion.  No other compensation took place.
  LINKS

       

http://bemiown.blogspot.com 
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20877031-rain-on-me#other_reviews
http://www.shelfari.com/books/37318685/Rain-on-Me-%28Shelter-From-the-Storm-~-An-Erotic-Bondage-Romance
http://www.amazon.com/Shelter-Storm-Erotic-Bondage-Romance-ebook/dp/B00IJN5G22

 

 

No comments: