My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

February 18, 2014

A MATCH MADE IN TEXAS by Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings, Carol Cox


SOMETIMES TRUE LOVE JUST NEEDS A LITTLE HELP......
(from front cover)
A Match Made in Texas
A MATCH MADE IN TEXAS
Archer Brothers
A Novella Collection
by
Karen Witemeyer
Mary Connealy
Regina Jennings
Carol Cox
Paperback, 379 pages
Published January 7th 2014
 by 
Bethany House Publishers 
(first published December 24th 2013)
ISBN 0764211765
(ISBN13: 9780764211768)
Setting: Dry Gulch, Texas, 1893 (United States)
OVERVIEW
(from Goodreads)
In the small town of Dry Gulch, Texas, a good-hearted busybody just can't keep herself from surreptitiously trying to match up women in dire straits with men of good character she hopes can help them. How is she to know she's also giving each couple a little nudge toward love?

A Cowboy Unmatched
Neill isn't sure who hired him to repair Clara's roof--he only knows Clara desperately needs his help. Can he convince this stubborn widow to let down her guard and take another chance on love?

An Unforeseen Match
Hoping to earn an honest wage on his way to the land rush, Clayton ends up on Grace's doorstep, lured by a classified ad. He may have signed on for more than he expected though--and he may have found the one woman who can keep him from moving on.

No Match for Love
Andrew can't fathom how refined Lucy ended up as the caretaker to his dotty aunt, and somehow her arrival has prompted even more bizarre occurrences around the ranch. When they join forces to unearth the truth, will the attraction between Andrew and Lucy develop into more?

Meeting Her Match
When the tables are turned and a tenderhearted meddler becomes the beneficiary of a matchmaking scheme, her world is turned upside down. As her entire life changes, will she finally be able to tell the banker's son how much she cares for him?
QUOTE FROM BOOK
“God sure hadn't done His menfolk any favors when He's made women such a puzzlement.”
Regina Jennings, A Match Made in Texas 
 REVIEW
This Novella Collection  has four stories, It is a Wild West setting with Christian characters. When I saw that this book had 4 good, clean romance stories, I couldn't resist.  Four stories, four well known authors. The book has four stories of young women who each have their own dilemmas.  They are looking for good, God loving men that are possible husbands. The problem being there usually is someone who wants to help things along.  Sometimes good, sometimes not, although well intended.  The authors put in a little humor in each story which made the stories fun to read, not heavy reads. Each story is about 100 pages long, which is a nice length. The stories are all written with characters that make appearances in the other stories. Each story leaves you guessing to the end who the well intended match maker was.  I thought several times I knew, but then I wasn't sure. The authors wrote some good Wild West romance stories that were clean, had a little humor and based on the characters Christian faith. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes faith based, Wild West, Romance reads. A lot of good reading in one book. 
Umbrella / Parasol Pink Tranparent Clip ArtUmbrella / Parasol Pink Tranparent Clip Art I also thought the cover was a good intro to the book.   
Umbrella / Parasol Pink Tranparent Clip Art

I would give this book 4  PARASOLS.
Umbrella / Parasol Pink Tranparent Clip Art 
I was given a complimentary copy of A MATCH MADE IN TEXAS by Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings and Carol Cox from Bethany House Blogger Review Program for my honest opinion.  No other compensation took place.
Karen WitemeyerAUTHORS

KAREN WITEMEYER
CBA bestselling author, Karen Witemeyer, writes historical romance fiction for Bethany House, believing that the world needs more happily-ever-afters. In 2011, her debut novel, A Tailor-Made Bride, was a finalist in the Best First Book categories for both the prestigious RITA® award and the National Reader's Choice Award. Karen holds a master's degree in Psychology from Abilene Christian University and is a member of ACFW, RWA, and her local writers' guild. She is an avid cross-stitcher, shower singer, and bakes a mean apple cobbler. Karen makes her home in Abilene, TX with her husband and three children.
Mary ConnealyMARY CONNEALY
I wrote my first book when I was about twelve. A romance novel. I shudder to think what a twelve year old could know about romance. I have no idea what happened to the manuscript. I suppose my mother found it, and burned it while screaming in horror, but I’ve always been afraid to ask. Was it a hundred pages? Two? I have no idea, but I seem to remember just writing FOREVER! So I’m guessing two pages long at least.
As a new bride I marched straight out of journalism school and into the kitchen, I did a lot of scribbling. I still have those heartbreaking works of staggering genius, Ode to Roast Beef, things like that, all born out of the ‘Write What You Know’ school of literature.

I began writing more seriously when my baby went to kindergarten. Not writing well of course, but just putting words on paper. No one does anything well the first time. I’m sure Babe Ruth missed the first ball pitched to him. I’m sure Picasso smeared pages with paint-y fingers when he was a kid—as I remember he went back to that later in life. I’m sure Beethoven played the eighteenth century version of Chopsticks before went for the sonatas.

My writing journey is similar to a lot of others. Boil it down to persistence, oh, go ahead and call it stubbornness. I just kept typing away. I think the reason I did it was because I’m more or less a dunce around people—prone to sit silently when I really ought to speak up(or far worse, speak up when I ought to sit silently).

So, I have all these things, I want to say, in my head; the perfect zinger to the rude cashier, which you think of an hour after you’ve left the store, the perfect bit of wisdom when someone needs help, which doesn’t occur to you until they solve their problems themselves, the perfect guilt trip for the kids, which you don’t say because you’re not an idiot. I keep all this wit to myself, much to the relief of all who know me, and then I write all my great ideas into books. It’s therapeutic if nothing else, and more affordable than a psychiatrist.

So then a very nice, oh so nice publishing company like Barbour Heartsong comes along and says, “Hey, we’ll pay you money for this 45,000 word therapy session.” That’s as sweet as it gets.

My journey to publication is the same as everyone’s except for a few geniuses out there who make it hard for all of us. And even they probably have an Ode to Roast Beef or two in their past.
Regina Jennings 
REGINA JENNINGS
Regina Jennings is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University with a degree in English and a history minor. She has worked at The Mustang News and First Baptist Church of Mustang, along with time at the Oklahoma National Stockyards and various livestock shows. She now lives outside Oklahoma City with her husband and four children.
Carol Cox 
 CAROL COX
 Carol Cox has an abiding love for history and romance, especially when it’s set in her native Southwest. As a third-generation Arizonan, she takes a keen interest in the Old West and hopes to make it live again in the hearts of her readers. A pastor’s wife, Carol lives with her husband and daughter in northern Arizona, where the deer and the antelope really do play—within view of the family’s front porch.
LINKS
http://bemiown.blogspot.com
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18059819-a-match-made-in-texas?from_search=true
 http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/bethanyhouse/bookreviewers
  http://www.shelfari.com/books/36293583/Match-Made-in-Texas-A-A-Novella-Collection
http://www.amazon.com/Match-Made-Texas-Novella-Collection/dp/0764211765/
 

Free Graphics provided
by Ever Eden Design

No comments: