My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

November 9, 2013

LORD OF MOUNTAINS by S.M. Stirling

THIS WAS DONE FOR
NIGHTOWLREVIEWS



LORD OF MOUNTAINS
Emberverse #9
by
S.M. Stirling


Lord of Mountains (Emberverse, #9)


REVIEW
This book is the ninth book of the series.  I think the series needs to come to an end.  The 9th book brought forth nothing really interesting.The characters didn't change much and nothing else did either. For the book being 300+ pages, I don't really understand the purpose of the book.   It seems like what I've been waiting for just doesn't happen.  There was really no need for this 9th installment. I don't feel it added anything to the story line. I just wonder if several of the books couldn't have been combined into one?  Was it necessary to drag the story out with no new character additions, nothing new to keep the reader interested in  reading more.  I certainly hope the author doesn't intend upon writing another installment.  Let's put this book on the shelf and remember when it first started.  Forget book 9. The author, Mr. Stirling wrote with such vigor in the first books.  They were action packed and so much going on.  It's a shame the books have dwindled down to, not much new. I wouldn't recommend Book 9 of the series. I would, however, recommend the other books in the series and suggest that the reader leave it at Book 8.

I would give this book 2 STARS.

I was given a complimentary copy of LORD OF MOUNTAINS by S.M.Stirling from NightOwlReviews for my honest opinion.







No comments: