My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

September 10, 2013

KATE'S SONG by Jennifer Beckstrand

 5 STARS

KATE'S SONG
Forever After in Apple Lake Series 
Book 1
by Jennifer Beckstrand

Forever After in Apple Lake is a series of three standalone Amish books about cousins who find love in Wisconsin's Amish country.
 
Product Details
Publisher: Summerside Press,
 an imprint of Guideposts (May 1, 2012)

OVERVIEW
Kate Weaver returns home to her family's farm in Apple Lake, Wisconsin, battered and bruised and carrying a secret. She is not yet baptized and has spent the past year at a music conservatory in Milwaukee, living among the English. Music is Kate's passion, and she is very good, so she faces a difficult choice: she must either give up her family and home to pursue her talents or come home and be baptized and give up on her dreams. And with Nathaniel King, the handsome neighbor boy she grew up with, paying attention to her,the choice of whether to return to school in the fall is even harder. 

 Kate wins a starring role in an upcoming opera, and as she wrestles with pressure from her family and her new found feelings for Nathaniel, she is also haunted by what happened to her just before she left school: she fought to protect her friend against an angry ex, and landed the man in the intensive care.  Will the consequences of that battle be the end of everything she's ever wanted? Will Nathaniel wait around while she tries to figure out God's plan for her life? 

REVIEW
Since this was her first book I thought maybe it would be different from the others.   It was.  I was so captured by this book I didn't want to put it down.  From the first page the author has you in a don't stop reading mode.  The book was so loving and it just brought forth so many emotions.  Your heart just went out to Kate and Nathaniel.  Her brother's interference led to so much grief and heartache.  The author put so much descriptive phrases in the book, the story came alive. Kate learned some valuable lessons and she relied on God for her answers.  The answers came and she then knew what to do. Ms. Beckstrand wrote a book that had love, faith, sorrows, happiness and the everlasting gossip.  The book will make you take a step back and think.   A wonderful book with a surprise ending. Anyone reading this book will enjoy it.  Ms. Beckstrand has a wonderful writing talent.  Keep writing. I would say this was a beautiful love story with a few lessons put in.

Thanks Ms. Beckstrand for using your talent to give readers good, clean books.

I would give this book 5 STARS.

I was given a complimentary copy of KATE'S SONG from the author, Jennifer Beckstrand for this unbiased review.


AUTHOR

I grew up with a steady diet of William Shakespeare and Jane Austen. After all that literary immersion, I naturally decided to get a degree in mathematics, which came in handy when one of my six children needed help with homework.
After my fourth daughter was born, I started writing. My goal is to write uplifting, inspiring stories with happy endings and hopeful messages. If my books make readers want to give themselves a big hug or jump up and down for joy, I've done my job.
There are three Amish romances in the Forever After in Apple Lake Series (Summerside/Guideposts). All three books, Kate's Song, Rebecca's Rose, and Miriam's Quilt are now available.
My next three inspirational Amish romances will come out in 2014. Huckleberry Hill kicks off the series in January. These stories are set in Wisconsin, in a charming place called Huckleberry Hill.
The series, The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, is about an elderly Amish couple who try to find suitable mates for their grandchildren. What could be more fun than throwing two young people together to see if sparks ignite? No one would ever suspect two octogenarian Amish folks of mischief.
I have four daughters, two sons, three sons-in-law, and two adorable grandsons. I live in the foothills of the Wasatch Front with my husband and one son still left at home.
You can find me on the web at www.jenniferbeckstrand.com or on my Facebook page at Jennifer Beckstrand Fans.
 
 http://www.jenniferbeckstrand.com/

http://bemiown.blogspot.com 

http://www.amazon.com/Kates-Song-Forever-After-Apple/dp/1609366395

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13144142-kate-s-song

http://www.shelfari.com/series/Forever-After-in-APPLE-LAKE



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Gayle,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. You have a great blog. I am impressed at how much you read. These days, my reading consists of recipes and directions to my DVD player.

I am thrilled you liked my book. The Amish are so fun to write about. I hope readers find "Kate's Song" very inspirational and extremely romantic. :)

Be sure to check out the other two books in the series: "Rebecca's Rose" and "Miriam's Quilt."

And "The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill" series comes out in January. It will be loads of fun.
Jennifer