My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

July 15, 2013

A LIFE OF GRATITUDE by Shelley Hitz

A LIFE OF GRATITUDE                                              3.5 STARS
How to Overcome Self-Pity and Negativity
by Shelley Hitz


OVERVIEW:
During a season of transition in my life, I found myself overwhelmed with negative emotions like self-pity and a complaining spirit. It was as if a dark cloud had descended over me. I prayed and asked God for wisdom on how to overcome these negative emotions. As I did, I sensed Him leading me to do a 21 day gratitude challenge.

Over the course of the 21 days, God began to change me as I spent intentional time being grateful for all I had been given. I did this through writing in my journal each day and also sending a hand-written thank you note to someone different each day. This also led me to writing out 21 prayers of gratitude and compiling 21 stories of gratitude.  I want to share what I learned with you in the pages of this book. 

You will get the following books in this 3 book set:

1.)  21 Days of Gratitude Challenge
2.)  21 Prayers of Gratitude
3.)  21 Stories of Gratitude

What to Expect On Each Day:
  • Read my personal stories, struggles and reflections.
  • Read one scripture and one quote about gratitude.
  • Apply one personal application step from the challenge.
  • Read one prayer of gratitude
  • Read one story of gratitude


REVIEW:
I liked the book because it makes you realize that you are not the only one who goes through times of struggle and sorrow.  There are others with similar problems. They can be overcome but we must stay positive.  It is so easy to let negative thoughts bog down your reasoning.

The encouragement that the author gives is so heart warming.  It makes you feel that you are not alone.  Sometimes you feel like no one understands how you feel.  The dark cloud that hangs overhead can be overwhelming.  The author shows us that the dark cloud can become a shining star if we just let it.  We so easily accept the blessings that are given us.  We take for granted. 

The book is easy to read but I found that it was somewhat repetitive.  It's not easy at all.  I feel that we are more grateful for things that we have to work for. It's so very easy for someone to say they understand and know how you feel.  They can't possibly unless they have been there.  This book does give encouragement, which I felt was the best thing about the book.  There are also some very beautiful pictures which tends to brighten the soul.  I would recommend this book to anyone who needs the little bit of encouragement to keep a positive attitude and not take for granted anything or anybody.  It lifts the spirits and puts a new outlook on things. 

Stop and think before you do.  Sometimes we want a miracle cure and that doesn't exist. The author writes of her own problems and how she worked to overcome them.  This isn't exactly a 21 day learning event, it's lifetime of working hard at improving yourself. 

I  would give this book 3.5 STARS.






(Please note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review) 


ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Shelley Hitz is an award-winning and international best-selling author. However, she gives all the glory to God for what He is doing through her life. She has been ministering alongside her husband, CJ, since 1998 and her main passion is to share God's truth and the freedom in Christ she has found with others. She does this through her books, websites and speaking engagements.
She is also the co-owner of BodyandSoulPublishing.com where she shares free Christian books on her blog and owner of Training Authors.com where she helps authors get published and market their books.

The main reason Shelley writes and publishes Christian books is to share her testimony, use the gift of teaching God has given her and bring glory to God. She is humbled and amazed that He chooses to use her and her life goal is to keep her eyes fixed on Christ, the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:1-2). Shelley's openness and vulnerability as she shares her own story of hope and healing through her books will inspire and encourage you.


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16155218-a-life-of-gratitude

http://bemiown.blogspot.com

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Gratitude-Overcoming-Negativity-ebook/dp/B00A8NH6R4

No comments: