My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

June 7, 2013

THERE'S A GREEN PLASTIC MONKEY IN MY PURSE by Jessie Clemence

THERE'S A GREEN PLASTIC MONKEY IN MY PURSE
and other ways motherhood has changed us 
by Jessie Clemence                                                         4 STARS
                                                              




OVERVIEW (from Amazon)
The reality of motherhood can often be more challenging than expected, as it involves life-changing adjustments mentally, emotionally, and physically. In Jessie Clemence's book, There's a Green Monkey in My Purse, readers can find hope and encouragement for the journey. Creatively written in a casual voice and with engaging humor, it explores the traits and skills of a mother from God's perspective, shares the author's personal experiences as a mother of two, and encourages readers to draw closer to God. Readers can discover how to display humility, patience, and love not only in parenting, but also in every other area of their lives.


REVIEW:
 THERE'S A GREEN PLASTIC MONKEY IN MY PURSE by Jessie Clemence is a good source of encouragement to any age parent or the age of your children.  So many parts of motherhood are brought out and she uses examples from her own life and parents that she has talked with.  You'll see them at the end of different chapters. Believe me, just when you start thinking you've got it all straight, one of your  children will definitely let you know how wrong you are. The author has also put in discussion questions for a book club or just for yourself.  This book is a great book for parents or maybe even parents-to-be.  The book encourages, and with today's life we can all use that encouragement when raising our children.  There's a lot of honesty and truth in the book. The author talks about wanting to be a helpful mother, a selfless mother, fearless mother and so many more. This book holds a lot of information for parents. 

I would give this book 4 STARS

I was given a complimentary copy of this book by the author for this unbiased review.


About the Author

Jessie Clemence is a graduate of Western Michigan University with a degree in Family Studies. She has worked in the foster care system as a social worker and has published articles in Mary Jane's Farm and Money Matters magazines.

Biography

Welcome! I'm so glad you've joined me here. I hope you are blessed by what God has allowed me to write.

I wrote "There's a Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse" for all those tired mothers out there who don't feel adequate for the job of motherhood. And I wrote it because I have lived it. I thought I knew what I was getting into, and I. WAS. WRONG. After ten years of mothering I can assure you that it is God alone who has worked in my heart to help me be a better mother with His grace, His mercy, and His love. I hope my ridiculous stories and all the words of wisdom from my friends will bring you closer to God as you mother. Don't worry, this book will not add to your burden. It's silly. It's real. It's fun. I also have a little blog over at
 jessieclemence.com.  That's where you can keep up with me on a regular basis.





http://www.shelfari.com/books/35971301/Theres-a-Green-Plastic-Monkey-in-My-Purse-And-Other-Ways-Motherh/readers-reviews

http://bemiown.blogspot.com

 http://www.amazon.com/Theres-Green-Plastic-Monkey-Purse/dp/1572937475

http://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Jessie+Clemence&search_type=books&search[field]=author

No comments: