My Blog

My Blog

DON'T LOOK BACK!

DON'T LOOK BACK!

June 25, 2013

ED UNDEAD; THE CHRONICLES OF A TEENAGE ZOMBIE by Edward Kent

ED UNDEAD                                                            5  STARS 
THE CHRONICLES OF A TEENAGE ZOMBIE
by Edward Kent
Illustrations by Evan Ferrell

OVERVIEW: (from Amazon)

 I never believed that I would have to live through a zombie apocalypse. One day I was Ed Kirk, a normal sixteen-year-old boy with a loving family, a beautiful girlfriend, and a full life ahead of me. Now I'm on the run from zombies, being hunted by a dark force that threatens my very existence, all the while trying to escape this town and find help. Oh, yeah, one more thing: I'm a zombie too!



REVIEW:
You wouldn't think that Zombies, dead people walking, would be so fascinating, but  being it is.  When the book ED UNDEAD became available by the author, Edward Kent, I jumped on the chance to read it. I was totally intrigued by the book and enjoyed it very much.  Imagination will have to kick in but that shouldn't be a problem.   Here's a 16 year old,, Zombie to be, being chased by other Zombies but not eaten.  Why?  Not known. His name is on a list of some sort.  The author lets you watch the characters and their behaviors. You will become interested in the relationships that the characters had. The book ended with you thinking that Book 2 is on it's way.  I'm not sure, but I certainly hope so.  You will never be bored reading this story. There are some good values brought forth in this Zombie tale such as courage.  This may just be the right book for men and boys. I would recommend it to everyone, young, young-at-heart, men, women, girls and boys.  There seems to be a fascination with Zombies among everyone.   Great read.  

I would give this book 5 STARS

The cover is great also, another 5 STARS.

I was given a complimentary copy of ED UNDEAD from the author Edward Kent for this honest review.



ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

I was born and raised in the small village of Wilson, New York, which is located on the shores of Lake Ontario. My parents, Berne and Nancy, were both teachers, so I was immersed in education from the get-go. I also have two sisters, Elaine and Tracey.

I now reside in the Buffalo suburb of West Seneca, in Western New York, with my beautiful wife Dannielle, and our kids Cordelia, Keifer and Brody. I am an avid hockey and football fan, living and dying with the Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills seasons as they unfold. With the kids starting elementary school, I find myself once again immersed in education, and this has inspired me to create a series of books with my character Zombie Ed. I hope he will provide much fun and learning to all the "little zombies" that enjoy reading about him as I do writing about him!

I am now a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI)!




 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13629576-ed-undead

 http://bemiown.blogspot.com

 http://www.shelfari.com/search/books?Keywords=ed%20undead%20by%20edward%20kent

 http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2XOT42O1AJ4GD/ref=pd_ys_sf_lf_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

http://e-kent.blogspot.com/

No comments: